Sunday, February 15, 2015

Let me Introduce myself

Hello, for those of you who I haven’t met I would like to introduce myself, am Jessie's Daughter.

Jessie and I started making the bags together in 2006. I picked up the first fabric for her at a yard sale.  I put the fabrics together for her to sew. I did not know what I was getting into.


 Jessie's Bags has recently become a full time project for me. I hate to sew but love the creative process of putting the fabrics together. I have a commercial art degree and our Instagram and blog has been my creative outlet.
WE are officially now Jessie's Bags LLC so as of 2015 I am Jessie's bags.
 I am the bag designer, blogger, the photographer, fund raiser, brand manager, card writer, pick up & delivery department. I do everything but sew. Did I mention I hate sewing?


I am the face you will see at all of the events we attend. Jessie does make it to some of the programs; however she would rather be at home sewing. The cold weather also keeps her in. The knees ache and she is 85 so sometimes she just doesn't feel good.





I am making a few changes to Jessie’s bags. We are now selling some of the bags on our web site       ( jessiesbags.com) and using a portion of the proceeds to fund Jessie’s bags for breast Cancer survivors. In this way we are hoping to be able to reach out to more survivors.
 
We are looking to keep the cost down by getting volunteers to help us and we hope our suppliers will continue to support us with donations.

We would like to expand Jessie’s original idea and reach out to other groups. We are planning to drop off some bags this week to some mothers with babies in the Children’s ICU. One of our friends had a child there a few years ago and we hope these bags will be useful and make a mom smile.

We are also hosting a corporate bag building workshop. The attendees will make a small donation spend a little time and help us put together some bags. We hope to do this at other locations in 2015.

If you see where we are going with our Jessie’s Bags Idea contact us & join us for the ride. We will update the blog and post pictures of JESSIESBAGSONTHEROAD…..




No comments: