Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016 Shifting Focus


Things are ever changing in life. So we have to change with them.

 Recently Jessie has been having problems with sewing. The machines keep breaking. This has never happened before. She is content to spend some part of everyday sewing.
This is the thing she loves.

When I took the machines to the repair shop the conclusion we came to is the problem might be operator error….



 I don’t know what she is doing differently but things are different lately
 At 86 years old I am not surprised there are changes

 I’m really not sure what to expect from her day to day. Some things are harder to do sometimes she surprises me. My husband gave Jessie a tablet, she loves it! girlfriend is working that tablet... looking up bible verses... I found her trying to show her sister a video from JW.ORG. She has no problem using the tablet, I thought she would... 

The TV remote is a different story some days it totally frustrates her, and some days I can hear her… as she and the sewing machine are fighting. You just never know…


 My solution is to shift Jessie and her focus and redirect her thoughts. She needs to sew less. I need her to  cut out linings, Put fabric pieces together for sewing, Trim and tag bags, add some buttons and bows to fabrics. She can cut up Jeans to use in bag making.  I will keep her busy. And on her good days she may be sewing some of the bags.
We are still making bags we will just need someone else to help us with the sewing. Starting in 2016 we are going to make more visits to outside locations to tell about our story and get volunteers to join us... We are going to be on the road at least once a week. We are looking for some others to join us. We will need help with sewing and we need people who want to represent Jessie’s bags on the road at senior centers, 55+ communities and residences, schools and corporate events.

  Contact us if you would like to be involved.


One of the changes is our shop in Booths corner location will be closing. 

You will still see our bags and be able to purchase them at Jean’s co-op in the Booths corner.  We will be teaming up with JOY”S FABRICS in Booths Corner to do a bag building event every now and then.

WE are shifting our activities and focus I can't wait to see what 2016 brings ….



#jessiesbagsontheroad


No comments: