Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Going back to Middle School

# JESSIE'S BAGS ON THE ROAD







These full of energy excited young ladies had their first lesson in making Jessie’s Bags.

Some of the ladies started off quiet watching from a distance..... as soon as I told them they could make themselves a bag to pick out the colors they wanted everybody wanted to participate.Their teacher had collected boxes of beautiful Fabrics and supplies for us to use.

Beautiful fabrics in all different colors


 We quickly started to cut out the fabrics. Excitement was in the air. Some of the ladies knew a little about sewing and quickly wanted to start sewing the bag immediately. They were willing to start sewing by hand. I think they all will come back to work with us again.


I think the creative process is interesting to watch.


I am an unconventional sewer. I didn't measure anything I don’t follow the rules I think there is no right & wrong way to make a bag. These are your bags & your creations. If they have a flaw this is part of their hand made quality. I am an artist. I love putting the colors together. I love the fabric textures. I am grateful that Jessie can take what I do and make it look even more beautiful.
Sometimes I frustrate Jessie because she is a true sewer. Things have to be exact. Her attention to the details keeps our bags looking beautiful.
 I think that’s what gives our bags the look of quality.
Maybe someday I will be more like Jessie.
Probably not………. I may have to hire someone pay attention to the details for me……

I will take Jessie to meet the middle school students next time & she can teach them how to really sew.

No comments: