Saturday, April 18, 2015

4/18/15 grateful for saturday morning yard sales


As we were taking care of necessary business on Saturday morning we noticed a 
garage/ yard / whole house sale. 

 we decided to  walk through............. every room was packed with items......................................... The two small ones I was with spotted every toy train, doll, doggies & bike.
 I kept reminding them we are just looking……look but don’t touch …put that back…..

colorful Flowers

Then we go to a room that has crafting supplies  there was lace & flowers and ribbons in all colors…now I had to look but not touch… 




I told the family I would be interested in getting the whole box for .... .......Jessie’s Bags .....we make.............. Bags for Breast Cancer Survivors......... They gave me a price I couldn't refuse. 



Purple & Yellow  & white

Love the colors!!

Two big boxes.....................only we only spent $10.00 
Thank you! thank you! thank you!



:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 

 Now I was the like a little kid. I couldn't wait to get home to start going through everything. As we put it into the car my husband reminded me I could look through everything in a few minutes at home I didn't have to do it at the trunk.

Ribbons all colors & sizes



We had a few volunteers stopping by to help with Jessie’s bags around 5 on Saturday evening. This turned into a sorting project.

coral & green & peach


Flowers & lace

 We sorted into boxes the items from the yard sale and added in other items to take with us to our bag building workshops at various locations.


  We want to stay Green....... keep recycling and keep our cost down and this was a perfect way to do it today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


We finished up around 8. Definitely not your typical Saturday night of fun but a fun Saturday night laughing and sorting.

We are especially grateful for the friends who volunteer to spend Saturday evenings working & sorting Jessie’s supplies!


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No comments: