Friday, April 3, 2015

Spring Growing Season 2015



Its spring time and every thing is starting to  grow including Jessie's Bags!








Tuesday was the first day that Jessie’s Bags went on the road to a bag building workshop without Jessie or me. www.jessiesbags.com



I knew this day would come; I wanted this day to come. I need this day to come. But it was somewhat emotional for me. (I felt a little teary eyed)

 I think I felt like a mom sending her baby to school for the first time alone, out into the world.
I had every confidence it would be successful and it was in capable hands.



 The people who have been with me since the beginning of Jessie’s Bags had things under control. I didn't realize I would have  to stand back and watch it leave my hands.

Well we made it. I made it. I think it's about trust. Trusting yourself and your ideas to be successful...it can only go forward without me holding it back.


I have been trying to expand Jessie’s Bags and get additional volunteers to help me run things for a while now. Nobody loves your baby like you do but others see your vision and want to help it succeed also. whats the old line when you love something set it free.....







Today it was unavoidable. I had to let it go. I was sick.

 Jessie hasn't felt good for a few days so she didn't go. Her appearances have been less and less this winter. She has been sending me off to do Bag building workshops  without her for months now. Today was my turn. I didn't stress once they left but for a moment …. I felt …..A little like Jessie’s Bags doesn't need me any more….
.
That’s not entirely true I am needed, just in a different way. I’m needed to be more of the back office person. I need to make more phone calls, do more record keeping, more advertising, and request more donations. I want my baby to be strong and independent. To do this I need to delegate more and let my baby stand on its own. Oh I will still be visiting locations I will still be teaching others how to represent us. But I can let go of some things…..
Jessie’s bag is growing up. Well it is 9 years old in a few months. 
June 2015….. I’m proud of us we are all growing up.

Ah…growing pains…letting go is not easy….Turning a new page…… Follow our journey……. Jes making bags…. 
 Instagram #jessiesbags on the road

No comments: