Sunday, April 12, 2015

Gratitude & Happiness

I recently heard a discussion about being Happiness. One person observed Happiness is a byproduct of things you do. You really can’t really pursue happiness. You can pursue pleasure or good times however these things are fleeting, they  stop after a while. The speaker mentioned a bible verse there is more happiness in giving than in receiving. People who give are usually happier. I defiantly agree with that. Throughout this journey with Jessie’s bags we have been giving our bags away to breast cancer survivors. This brings us much joy and satisfaction.


 The speaker mentioned People who are grateful are usually also happier. There was a group of people who for a month kept a gratitude journal and every day they wrote down something they were thankful for. At the end of the designated time they found that the participants had a more positive outlook and were happier. I like this idea a lot. I talks to Jessie and a few other people and we decided to keep a gratitude journal for a month to see what we can learn from this experience. One of the participants Jessie’s sister, lives in a nursing home and occasionally becomes a little down. I think this exercise will especially help her. Jessie dealing with constant health changes also can be a little downhearted at times. I think looking for reasons  to be grateful  will help her to keep a positive outlook.


I am looking forward to this because I can look for things to be grateful about personally as well as with this business of Jessie’s Bags.

So look for my grateful notes about Jessie’s Bags.

No comments: