Sunday, March 5, 2017

Facing the enemy!



There is an enemy that all of us face no matter who we are, or the  color of our skin. It affects Rich and poor. We all run from this enemy with all our might. You can fight it with all you have. We try to slow it down…but you can’t ignore it, you eventually give in to it, and it wins. 

Yesterday I came face to face with the enemy.

When I took Jessie to visit her sister at the nursing home she lives in, I saw a well-dressed man with a suit and tie. As I started around the nurse’s station I realized he was not alone. I quickly reversed and walked on the other side, not before I saw the stretcher with the body on it.
I came face to face with the enemy. DEATH!

The man was from the funeral home.

OH NO SOME ONE DIED! 
OH NO THAT’S THE WAY MY AUNT WILL LEAVE THIS PLACE ONE DAY…


I diverted mom in hopes that she didn’t see it. She has been fighting her enemy for 11 years now. When you get a cancer diagnosis you start fighting the enemy with all your might. That’s why they call us survivors. That’s why she gets up every day and sews her bags. She is 87 and makes 100 bags a month. It is becoming more of a struggle to sew but this is the way she fights back.
I really admire the health care workers who can come to work every day and face the enemy! I would not be able to do this job. 

Right now my job is care giver to Jessie and her sister & my mother in law who lives with us.
Coming face to face with that reality yesterday made me stop and think, and appreciate what
The Holy Bible says at 1 Corinthian’s 15:26
 “And the last enemy, DEATH, is to be brought to nothing.”


I have FAITH that this will come true. I look forward to never facing that enemy again. 

No comments: