Sunday, July 27, 2014

Our bodies are wonderfully made


Jessie’s bags have been on the road at least once a week this summer.
We enjoy taking a look around and snapping pictures of all the sights.
The site I have been looking at for the last few days has been out my bedroom window. I had a few days of rest while Jessie attended her convention for 3 days in the mountains of Pennsylvania.




 Since she is not home and not Sewing I have Time for rest and relaxation,  great plans began to be made... Maybe I’ll go to the lake & get in the pool, take some pictures of the boats, fishing, maybe a state park I wonder which one PA, or DE?   Should I get my friend with her kids to go….





On a routine trip to Walmart Friday I felt a major pain in my back. I could hardly get home. I had to ask someone to close the car door for me. It was too painful to reach over to close it. The pain was so intense. I have been suffering with this issue for a few years since a car rear ended us. This has been one of the more pain filled times.
 Doctors always ask on a scale of 1 to 10 what the level of pain is; this was a 15 at least. So began my not on the road weekend. The hardest part of this trip was the trip to the bathroom. It was an adventure to say the least. First you have to try to roll out of bed so you are not using the normal mussels that are not working & in pain. Trying to sit up and not use any back muscles is almost impossible. I feel like a turtle flipped over on its shell. I roll….I slide….I shift….  Finally out of the bed! This only took 10 min, seemed a lot longer.  Then I shuffled into the on suite bathroom like I’m 103 trying not to move too many muscles. Did I mention the pain was a 15? Once the trip to the bathroom is complete and my mission accomplished I have to stand back up…..oh the pain! Now begins the long journey back to the bed. Now I need more pain meds. This requires water. Oh boy here we go again I drink water with the meds which means I will have to go back to the bathroom again, a terrible cycle!
 Our bodies are wonderfully made the bible at Psalms 139:14 says. That’s so true and you never even notice till they don’t work right. Most days we do some things without even noticing it. Bathroom breaks are one thing you don’t usually take a look at. I notice my aunt in the nursing home can’t stand and needs assistance to toilet. This is something that is a major thing in her life because she has to wait for a C N A’s help. They have to answer her call so she can answer the call of nature. Let’s just say…. I learned some empathy this weekend.

I’m appreciating the small stuff in my life things like muscles, walking, eating drinking, closing my own car door, and going to the bathroom. Our bodies are wonderfully made!

No comments: