Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Early morning is the best time of day for me I love the quiet. The whole house is sleeping; I can see the dawn the sun slowly creeping up. This is the time I am most creative. You may notice my blogs are sometimes written and posted around 4 or 5 in the morning.  This is also the time I will get up refreshed and work on the designs for Jessie’s Bags. Jessiesbags.com
The colors and fabrics are often like a puzzle. We use recycles fabrics so my choices are usually whatever has been donated and whatever I find available as I start to work. I like that because it means I sometimes pick up a piece that doesn't necessarily match but I like the way it looks with the pieces I am working on. Sometimes it’s about the contrast.
Bright summer colors!

So you may see one pop of color on a bag that is primarily another color. You may not think it works but I do. Sometimes someone will ask me to replace a handle. I often think this is the way it comes. This is what makes it a Jessie’s bag. It is not a matchy, matchy design and we don’t make custom bags.


 But guess what you can design and make your own bag you can use your ideas and design what you like. We love other people’s creativity too.  All you have to do is join us and volunteer when you make a bag for a Breast Cancer Survivor, You can create your own bag. Either Jessie will sew it or she will help you learn how to sew it. This is what happens when we visit locations with our bag building workshop. Everyone can join in the process. We like original designs The Bags I create are called by Jessie’s name because she created the design and idea of the bags in the first place. You know I don’t mind I know I am Jessie’s Bags, and whenever someone likes our bags it’s a positive reflection on both of us.
#jessiesbags

Summer Flowers & Bugs


No comments: