Thursday, June 18, 2015

Yesterday we talked about good memories…


One of the happy memories I have of being a kid is going out to eat. 







I remember going to the Woolworth's 5 & 10. We would have a lunch there. For me it was a fried flounder sandwich with French fries and applesauce. This was a special treat. We didn’t go everyday it wasn’t a routine........ I remember sitting at the counter on the stools that turned.





I also remember getting dressed up and into center city Philadelphia to John Wanamaker’s Department Store. They had a very fancy restaurant in there we went there a few times it was a special day out.


I also recall Friday nights with my dad at the Howard Johnson’s all you can eat fish fry. It used to be on the Roosevelt Boulevard across from the old Sears complex. (Where I had my first job)
Jessie reminded me that daddy would take us out to dinner there on Sunday evenings too.





My mother in law said she remembers being on road trips …. and stopping early in the mornings for breakfast. You can just hear through the quiet the clink of coffee cups and saucers as they pour out the coffee and tea.  Um.... you can smell the coffee now……

Comfort food……





Did I mention the three of us  were sitting in a diner eating fried fish and applesauce...my mother in law drinking a cup of coffee...... nostalgia......






No comments: